Simple turkeys Gyros pan – as with the Greeks
• Directly to the recipe • recipe •print
And how is that so if you new where you investigate everything and, of course, where you can get quickly something delicious to eat. Too many moving boxes, no functional kitchen, one at the beginning, there is no other choice. Am I after my first tour at a small Greek Diner right around the corner.
My preference for the Greek kitchen no longer had to be sparked by the time, because that was a long time ago. But this Gyros in a warm, crispy, of course, homemade Pita bread in combination with the new choice-Cologne-feeling was simply unbeatable. I probably don't need to mention at this point that the said Snack-Greek now more often the sales had pleasure with me.
MY SIMPLE TURKEYS GYROS SKILLET – TASTES LIKE THE SNACK
My simple turkeys Gyros pan, it's kind of a little reminder of this time, also if you like the Gyros from the rotisserie, of course, comes as. Just out of the frying pan and with shredded Turkey meat, not as in the Original, with the pork cooked. I find that Turkey meat is a nice Alternative.
THE GYROS MEAT NEEDS TO BE MARINATED
Marinated Gyros must be in any case, since my simple turkeys Gyros pan is no exception. There is no way around it. In my case, I flavored the Marinade the classical Greek. Not to forget cumin, also Cumin called, used. I know you "love him, or hate him or you find him mediocre". But for my taste, cumin is part of the cross simply in a Gyros-the pan and gives the meat a certain Greek flavour. With the specified 1/2 teaspoon of You have a hint of cumin in the taste. If You more want to, take 1 teaspoon and if You belong to the cumin-haters, let him go easy.
What You can not do without, is the time the the meat to Marinate. Best 3 hours or even better overnight. I like to add, by the way, in my Marinade of salt. There's some kind of fight between the spirits, whether you can use the"", because salt extracts the meat water, but I don't care. I find a Marinade without salt and the meat easily fade, so!
By the way, super tasty, my simple turkeys Gyros pan tastes like my homemade Greek Tsatziki.
Simple turkeys Gyros pan, like the Greeks
THE MEAT SHOULD BE AT LEAST 3 HOURS, ALSO OVER NIGHT MARINATED
- 600 g of Turkey cutlets (like organic), cut into strips - alternatively, chicken breast or pork cutlet
- 1 onion, medium size approx. 75g - cut into strips
- 100 ml olive oil
- 3 TSP paprika, noble sweet
- 2 TSP Oregano, dried
- 2 TSP thyme, dried
- 1 TSP salt
- 1/2 - 1 TSP cumin, ground
- 1 Pinch Of Pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic - pressed
- 1 TBSP lemon juice - freshly squeezed
- 1 TSP hot mustard
- First You cut the Turkey cutlets and onions into strips.
- Then You give the olive oil in a large enough bowl and add the herbs, spices, lemon juice, mustard and pressed garlic to everything well together and stir. TIP: If You use cumin very much like, should You have 1 TSP of it to use. With 1/2 teaspoon of the meat gets a nice Aroma, but not taste it dominant. If You omit no cumin like, easy.
- Then comes the Turkey meat and onion into the Oil mixture.
- Covered (e.g. with plastic wrap) in the refrigerator at least 3 HOURS, better leave to marinate overnight.
- If You have the preparation to start want to get You 15-20 minutes before the meat out of the fridge and verrührst it again with the contrasting Oil. Then heats up You in a pan WITHOUT Oil and fry the Turkey meat in it portions of. The portions keep warm. NOTE: The meat portions of roast is very important! If You give too much meat in the pan, can not be kept the heat on the pan bottom due to the quantity of meat. The meat begins to simmer, dry, and not crispy. If You have a large pan (e.g., 32 cm), You can fry in two portions, if the pan is rather small, then it is better in three portions.
- The simple turkeys Gyros pan tastes protrude with homemade fries or Wedges and a salad such as coleslaw. Also delicious in Pita pockets served. I wish You a good appetite.