Asparagus KnusperröJr: with the ham and the Käse
He is, perhaps, just a 15-minute drive from my home, my favorite-Spargelhof. Idyllically situated on the outskirts of Cologne located, decked out in pots with lots of Flowers and pretty painted signs in front of the small store on the farm. Already on the journey then, my "shopping experience" and the anticipation of fresh, delicious asparagus starts. Because on the track fields to the left and to the right of the road as far as the eye can see. Then, when the sun is still shining, not more brakes are my lucky hormones.
• Directly to the recipe • recipe •print
When I get there, I'm elated and in a buying mood, that my eyes are always bigger than my stomach. I buy much too a lot of asparagus, knowing that it is expected as a main dish as approximately 500g unpeeled asparagus per Person. My stomach then wins over my mind, what should I do 😉 . Especially if I buy the asparagus with potatoes, Hollandaise Sauce and ham, plan I, in principle, much too much.
Asparagus and ham are, for me anyway, an unbeatably tasty Team, and cheese is also great with the two. Anyway, as for the asparagus waste recycling, there are fortunately many ways to conjure up something out of it. You can for example, use as an accompaniment in salads, Quiches, tarts, bread-spreads, pasta dishes, or soups, or, or, or ...
FOR ME, THE BEST WASTE RECYCLING – ASPARAGUS CRUNCHY ROLLS WITH HAM AND CHEESE
My latest idea is to put the asparagus remains delicious parcels, and to make asparagus crispy rolls with ham and cheese. The Asparagus portions, depending on the thickness about four to 5 racks, respectively, according to desire and mood. Wrapped with the cheese, then ham, with a toothpick fixed and breaded, and out baked. These asparagus rolls taste so delicious!
The asparagus with ham and cheese is a delicious affair, and great as a snack suitable are rolls. The more asparagus leftovers all the more crunchy rolls 😉 stay . Admittedly, there are never enough, because they are just so irresistible. And so, it is more and more often that I cook the asparagus extra for the asparagus crunchy rolls with ham and cheese. I plan to use it as a main meal, usually with boiled potatoes and Hollandaise Sauce 😉 .
How to by the way a quick, appropriate Hollandaise Sauce even makes You can in my flash Hollandaise recipe in The sauces-classic, quick and easy to learn.
Asparagus crunchy rolls with ham and cheese
- 500 g (approx.) White asparagus, peeled - Freshly prepared or from the day before
- 4 slices cheese, thin - e.g. Emmental or Gouda
- 4 slices cooked ham, round
- 100 g flour
- 100 g bread crumbs
- 2 Eggs, Size M
- 3-4 TBSP Oil - for Frying
- Fresh Cress or parsley - to Sprinkle
- The peeled asparagus in salted water with a pinch of sugar and a little Butter al dente cooking. With a slotted spoon and place on a kitchen cloth to drain let.
- The asparagus in 4 servings share, and each asparagus serving with a slice of cheese wrap...
- Then, with a slice of ham. With a toothpick flat fix.
- A "Panier-road" with flour, 2 beaten eggs and breadcrumbs from left to right, and the asparagus rolls in succession in the order therein, apply.
- In a large frying pan about 3-4 TABLESPOONS of Oil on medium heat and fry the asparagus rolls on all sides in it until Golden brown fry.
- On kitchen paper to drain and decorate with Watercress or chopped parsley and serve.I wish You a good appetite!